Share Your Story
“Life’s most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Share your story!
Thank you so much for your interest in sharing your story of donating a kidney! We are so glad you’re here!
Here’s what you need to know:
– Stories should be no more than 1000 words, please.
– Include your first name, age at which you donated, where, when (at least two months ago) and to whom (no need to share their name or circumstances if privacy is a concern)
– Tell us how you are rocking one kidney post-transplant! Chasing your kids? Singing in a choir? Climbing mountains? Traveling someplace cool? Dancing in a new class? We want to know!
– Photos are optional. If you’d like to include one with your story, please send it at 600 x 800 pixels.
– If you’d like to include your email address for potential donors, please do (but don’t feel any pressure! That’s what Living Donors Online’s Living Donor Buddy program is for: www.livingdonorsonline.org).
– Stories will be edited according to Associated Press Style.
– Thank you so much for participating! Rock 1 Kidney is fueled by the passion of kidney donors like you!